Monday 12 January 2009

Marmalade Boy AMV

Well this time is an all time favourites, Marmalade boy. I made this amv during the summer while I was frantically waiting for the last volume of the manga to arrive in the post. Apparently the manga is out of production :/ so I had to search quite a lot to find it..
And trust me that wasn't easy when the volume arrived it had some pages missing.. coincidentially they were the most romantic moments between Yuu and Miki, including their kiss at the hotel!! WTF!!! Anyway, I got a second copy delivered few days later by the same people at Amazon, which was great. The last volume is just epic! way better than the anime itself. MInd you I love the anime a lot, in some part they improved the original story especially for some characters. At some point I liked Kei way more than Yuu himself. Of course I cannot say the same as in the manga version Kei has such a marginal role. I think the anime did great in many parts but the ending. The last two episodes were basically nonsense and disappointing to say the least. The manga on the contrary had a far better conclusion balancing drama and consistency really well.

Back to the Amv. As you can see I decided to include some Kei scenes in it as the Anime version Kei really hit me. He is one of the most interesting and charming characters in MB. I used the anime OST. I really like this piece especially the first part ( it is so dramatic *lol*). The second part is kinda ok although I think it doesn't fit really well with the initial mood. It is quite a shame because this piece could have been one of my top favourites but then the merry music in the second part spoils it all. In facts, I don't like it at all. it seems that are they are just two random pieces of music forced together. I feel that the AMV reflect this as well.
I wanted to post it anyway cos the dramatic part is just too good to me missed.

Mp3 of the music here

0 comments: