Wednesday 21 January 2009

dangerous video Akon & Kimagure Orange Road



This Amv comes in a double version *lol*. Here you find the original and *censored* version featuring the song Dangerous by Akon. Then we have the YouTube version. The song picked in YT is called What do you want and is by Magdalene's dream. It is not exactly what I had in mind for this video( as obviously I edited with another song in mind) plus it makes it look a little sinister, while what I wanted was something more playful. But at the end of the day the tune itself is not too random and I think that it was the best choice out of all the song available. By the way, I noticed that UMI put an Ad on my video as apparently the song is available to download on YouTube. Now I wonder, why couldn't they they do it with the original song? Is not like I was going to claim it as mine.
I wonder how much UMI gets paid everytime someone click on a video/song played off their own channel ? The would explain why they are so interested in taking down fan made videos with the most popular songs or swapping the audio with less known songs ( just to get free advertising, right?) They must make an awful amount of money. otherwise,I can't really see the point in this. Anyway, although this copyright story may be annoying for some aspects it may be interesting for others. For instance you get to have a double version of the same AMV..

  • Oh I was about to forget..the YouTube version can be found here

0 comments: