Friday 9 January 2009

Drops of memory

I don't know how It never occurred to me before.. but this song, this very song which I have been listening for years has written Bokura ga ita all over it..The lyrics, the music..everything fits so perfectly within the context of Nana and Yano'story. Maybe it's just my obsession speaking but by readind the lyrics I couldn't help but thinking about their situation....**MUST CREATE NEW AMV NOW* lol . The song is sung by Giorgia and is the soundtrack of a 2003 Italian film named "Facing Window". A very touching film about life, love and memories like only Ferzan Ozpetek can direct.
The song itself is already superb it wouldn't even need a video to promote it. Anyway if you really want to watch the video you can find it on Youtube. I have added a fan made video to this post as I don't like the official one very much. Besides ( and for once) I'll recommend to focus on the music rather than on the images as Giorgia's voice is so great it will move you even if you don't understand a word of Italian. The mp3 of the song is already available on the Internet and can be found here. There is also a instrumental version which you can listen here ( according to my ipod this is the #1 in my most played list *lol*)



Below, you can find the translation of the lyrics ( I tried to keep the translation as literal as possible and I apologise in advance if the text doesn't sound as poetic as the original...)

These new tears
are drops of memory
we are souls
in a indelible story

The countelss times you'll come
look for me in my empty rooms
it is inestimable
intangible
your absence that belongs to me

We are inseparable
so similar and fragile
yet we are already so distant

With a freezing chill in my mind
I am running towards you
we face the same trenchant fate
that will change us
we are waiting only for a sign
a destiny, an eternity
tell me how can I do
to reach you now
to reach you now
to reach you

Uh, ah, ah
Uh

We are drops of a past
that cannot be anymore
the time betrayed us
is elusive

I will tell about you
I will invent for you
what we don't have

The promises have fallen down
like rain on us
the words are tired
I know that you will listen
We are waiting for a new journey
a destiny, a truth
tell me how can i do
to reach you now
to reach you now, (mmm)
to reach you, yeah

0 comments: