Tuesday 16 December 2008

The Paladin AMV

I have put my BGI daydreaming aside these days as I was literally obsessed by the idea of making an AMV based on a mystery period fanfiction I have been reading. ( shall I call it fiction instead? After all the story is fully original and doesn't derive from any canon work). I have read only a couple of chapters so far but if the rest is as good as those chapter that novel will deserve more than a tribute AMV! (i'm sorry I can't name the fiction as I think the title hasn't been decided yet...)


The song I used is called the Paladin (the mp3 can be downloaded here). I think i got this song by chance. few months ago I was looking for some anime OST and I bumped in to a game soundtrack playlist called The Dark Age of Camelot. I liked the tune from the very beginning and for some reason it reminded me of the (fan)fiction I read. The funny thing is that the story in the fanfic is set in 15 century Florence and( of course) has nothing to do with Camelot or the Arthurian legends. Nevertheless I think it fits perfectly ( probably because the prologue of the novel has a very vivid description of a joust where the knights battle themselves in the public square)

The problem in making this video was finding appropriate images. this story is pure fiction so there are no pre-existing characters I could refer to . I could have used characters from other films/animes but since I have read so little of the novel I didn't feel I knew the characters to well to make this choice. But since I wanted to make this AMV so badly my resort was renaissance art ( well most of it)
Again, my knowledge of the plot and characters is very limited therefore I decided to use details and close up of the paintings to leave a certain shade of mystery.
I am pretty aware that nobody will know the story of this novel as I doubt has been posted anywhere yet but still I hope the video is enjoyable to watch.

Now that is done I can go back to my daydreaming ( oh why BGI chapter 46 is not out yet!!)

0 comments: