Sunday 7 December 2008

hiatari ryoko


Oh what can I say about Hiatari Ryoko?I'd start by saying that It's my favourite work by Mitsuuru Adachi. I don't even care if it is not half as popular as Touch, there I said it . Unlike the latter, Hiatari Ryoko is a feel good story about 5 high schoolers living in the same board house. The characters are all likeable and after finishing Touch I felt so relieved to know that this time around there wasn't any tragedy ready to strike upon the life of the protagonists.
The plot is like a breath of fresh air and got me immediately. The characters are all likeable, especially the protagonists. Kasumi and Takasugi are such a cute couple and they bond in a way which is so comical and sweet at the same time it is really hard not to root for them . Although the manga lacks of very passionate moments ( apart from the famous firefly scene, anyway have to bear in mind this is not a shojo ) the story doesn't fail to deliver on an emotional level.

merit to the anime though for adding/modifying a few scenes with overly dangerous flirting, desire-fuelled looks and stolen kisses... ( lol my ever so hopeless romantic me was so happy). The manga however compensate the lack of flirty moments with the comic relief ( the comedy is just priceless).
There is only one thing which I liked to be different: Katsuhiko-san. Oh man, I cannot understand this guy at all. Is he even trying to be Kasumi's boyfriend or what? He seemed to root for Kasumi and Takasugi more than everybody else. What the heck was that?? I can understand being nice and having respect for your love rival but pushing your girl right into his arms is a bit too much!!! Didn't that bother him even a little? ( unless finding an excuse for dumping Kasumi was part of the plan all along lol...evil me lol)

0 comments: