Thursday 4 December 2008

My Japanese name is Mana Asano


well at least according to this name generator *lol*. As a matter of fact I happen to like it quite a lot so I think i might stick with it for a while. there, I also took the time to look for the Japanese characters so
Watashi no namae

マナ浅野 ( i used the google translator so I cannot guarantee the accuracy of it)
lately i find myself more and more interested in everything that is related to Japan. odd. Although my knowledge of the country is very limited to the realm of manga and anime I am watching . I have been brainwashed.

The picture is not totally unrelated to this post. I got this cute fortune owl from a Japanese shop during my last trip to York this summer ( even if I thought it was a bit pricey) .. i paid around £12.00 and the figurine is a 2 inches high and fits in the palm of my hand ( and i got very small hands) but i didn't bother too much it was also my birthday so and my- typical- cheap-self was reduced to silence for entire shopping spree that day
Besides, Owls are one of the most popular lucky charms in Japan because owl in Japanese is called 'fukurou' which means:

fu = no
kurou = hardship/trouble
fukurou = no hardship/trouble

Plus, it really does look cute.

0 comments: