Friday 6 February 2009

the white fanbook


Right since we still have no news about the release of chapter 52 ( and the scanlation of chapter 47 isn't up either) I shall talk about the white fanbook. Unfortunately I can't go too much in detail since the book is entirely in Japanese so unfortunately for me.. I can't read it.. having said that I really enjoyed the bonuses and the pictures included. At the beginning we get an introduction page for each character ( including Take's sister and Yano and Nana's school friend). You get all the general info plus a brief description and key-words. There is also a brief recap of the main story up to Yano's departure ( i think that the fanbook came out after volume 9). Then we get some fun and cute pages dedicated to our character style. let's face it, no matter how sick and lonesome our heros may get..they never fail to loose their fashion sense ( yes, Yano I am looking at you!). I absolutely adore the pages with the tips to get Nana's hairstyle. I really like her hair and the different way she styles it. So i thought it was such a cute idea to dedicate some pages to her look!! ( aww I haven't posted it before but there is also the hairstyle sported with the yukata at the summer festival!!)
A big plus are the bonus short stories "Run baby Run2" ( Run baby run 1 was published in volume 9) which shows one of Nana and Yano first dates ( lols)and "Confessing the blues" a story focused entirely on the male characters.
Then we get to the photo gallery. We get to see Obata sensei's studio in Hokkaido (!!) as well as some locations which were featured in the story ( the train station, the school, the harbour)
Brilliant, It was kinda of a shock noticing that those places really exist!!! XD
The last part include a brief review of the ups and downs of high school life like money ( or lack of in Nana's case XD) going out with friends, drinking and so on.
Another thing worth mentioning is the section dedicated to Lalami, a small gallery featuring everyday life, really really cute.
Anyway, I have uploaded some scans for you. Feel free to download, view, repost them wherever you like. If you credit will be even better.
I am desperately looking for the translation of the two short stories. If anybody who knows where I can find them will become my all time hero. If you know Japanese or someone willing to translate or summarise the stories I will be happy to re-upload the scans in better quality!!

Now to the white fanbook this way

2 comments:

Holly Letson said...

Taking this.....

Thanks,sis!

ema said...

no probs sis, happy to share!!!