Thursday 26 February 2009

romantic tunes

It's been a while since I updated my ipod tracklist so here's a small selection of my newest additions.

The first track is a piece by one of my favourite artist Ludovico Einaudi. Einaudi is becoming increasing popular in movie scores and Tv soundtracks lately. This doesn't suprise me sonce his music is absolutely beautiful . The piece I am posting now is entitled "Inizio" which means "Beginning" in Italian. This is another of my lucky finding off YouTube. *To get the Mp3 click here*


Inizio - Ludovico Einaudi



The second track is called "First love". This is a piano version of the song by Utada Hikaru, and also the opening song to the jdrama, Forbidden Love. I listened to the original version and although i find very nice i prefer the instrumental by far. I love this piece and I can't stop listening to it as it makes my sappy hopeless romantic heart melts all the time. This is a video a found on YouTube ( with the link to get the mp3) the version I have is slightly different . if you'd like to listen to it just click here




The third track listed is entitled "Prayer". it's a very magical song by
Hayley Westenra. This song belong to the soundtrack of a nintendo wii game Endless Ocean. I am not a fan of the game itself but I am truly becoming obsessed with this song.





About the fourth track, I am not really sure why I didn't get this before as I absolutely adore the music and the film which it is scored in. Probably the fact that after the film came out this music was basically everywhere kinda put me off for a while. But listening to it again today made me remember how powerful this piece is. The title is "Comptin d'un autre ete" by Yann Tierson and yes, this is the soundtrack of the film " Amelie". After all these years I still haven't found a movie equal to Amelie in terms of originality and emotions. Amelie is one of my all time favourites.
To download the music just clik here


Comptine Dun Autre Ete-LApre - Yann Tierson



Ah now we start with the oldies. Phil Collins ( sorry Phil) and "Another Day In Paradise". Well the beauty of the music itself is already a good reason why I love this tune. Then I also have a memory attached to the lyrics. the text of "Another day In Paradise" was in my english textbook ( learning english from songs does really help to learn the language @@) At the time I didn't know the song (I don't know i was probably living under a rock or something ) but I ended up learning the lyrics so when I heard the song on the radio for the first time I recognised it immediately and I was completely blown away by the beauty of the music.




Another Day In Paradise - Phil Collins


Last but not least it this great song by Portishead entitled "Undenied". I thought that after hearing "Glory Box" I couldn't hear anything better but my this song is pure greatness. The melancholy and the sensuality of the music just drive me insane. Surely this tune deserves a post of its own and will definitely have one as I am planning to post the lyrics plus a link with the downloadable version very soon...stay tuned. The one below is a live version to get the CD version just click here ( rename the file adding .mp3 after the download ^_^)





undenied (live) - portishead

3 comments:

Drax said...

Hmm...it's always a nice stop by in your blog ^_^ Everytime something new and interesting ;) Nice taste in music btw... Loving the first one "Beginning" ^^"

ema said...

Drax, Long time no speak!! Hope you are doing well!!
I love " Beginning" too it's a very beautiful melody. I haven't posted the link for the download but if you'd like to get the mp3 just let me know ^_^

Drax said...

Heh, I'm trying to survive :D That's all I can say to it. Oh and you bet I want the mp3 version ! :) Would make my day a bit brighter ^.^

Btw waaay back, I mentioned that I would do something for you... well I did. A lil experiment, BGI style :D I won't say more...look for yourself. If you'll like it, pm me on crunchyroll, i'll send it to you ;)

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/5602/wewheretherepreview.png