Wednesday 19 November 2008

My current obsession : BOKURA GA ITA


Indeed "Bokura Ga Ita" has soon become one of my recurring obsession. I also named this blog after it, come on. I mean it. Seriously.

( Bokura ga ita is the Japanese for We were there) Anyways, if i were to use an obsession scale ranked from 1 to 5 (where 5 is the maximum of obsession I am capable of) , I would rate BGI a 4, which is quite impressive considering that i discovered this story only a month ago. I haven't marked it 5 as my assessment should also take into account the time life of my obsession as well as any related activity, ( participation to discussion forums, fan-fiction, AMV and all sorts) . The more creative I get , the higher the rank . Normally I don't like splashing out in frivolous things but if it is a desire compelled by my obsession's satisfaction, I am all for it. So this should also be part of my assessment XD
To date, I only have a level 5 obsession, this is an Italian period drama called Elisa di Rivombrosa. It first aired in 2003 and I am still obsessed with it.

I am digressing now, back to the topic the plot of BGI is quite intriguing. It starts off as a normal shoujo manga. High school girl meets popular high school boy and falls for him. then there is a twist, the story gets more real than the normal oh-so-fluffy shoujo material. in my opinion THIS does the trick . For those who don't know the plot or are acquainted only with the anime version, I shall post the link from Wikipedia,
The manga has a second part that has not been included in the anime version. The second part is still ongoing although the manga has been on hiatus for about a year now. And I am still waiting to know if the silhouette Nana spots at the airport belongs to Yano.

0 comments: