Thursday 30 July 2009

Trading Yesterday



Never heard of them before?
I really can't blame you. Getting news about them is as difficult as finding a needle in a haystack. But if you ever had the luck to come across one of their songs it won't be easy to stop searching for more. At least that's what happened to me when I listened to She's the sunshine for the very first time. I was sitting there in front of my PC and as I let the music flow to my ears there was very little I could do. it hit me straight to the heart. Then I discovered World on Fire and Shattered. It was then that I was done for ever. I don't know how it happened but I knew it just happened. The trading Yesterday won me over with their music. Really. I mean it. Now, I can't stop listening to their songs.
But like I said there isn't much about them on the net. All I could find was a page on Myspace, a paragraph on Wikipedia and a YouTube channel ( thank goodness for that).
Of course the fact that the band doesn't exist anymore doesn't help either :( . (Or better, they renamed themselves The Age of Information in 2007.) That said, I think that the band and more specifically their CD More than This does deserve a lot more credit and recognition. David Hodges who is the lead singer was also in Evanescence and co-wrote songs like My Immortal and Bring me to life.. enough said.

1 comments:

new2anime said...

Hey, just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!